The Story Behind The Creation of Imago Skincare Body Scrub and Soak
I went to work on this product after a customer asked me for a salt scrub with a citrus fragrance. It took me three years to get it right as the oil just kept separating from the salt I tried lots of different types of vegetable oils before trying coconut butter and BINGO! it worked. It seems pretty obvious now but, as they say “hindsight is a wonderful thing! Anyway, at last, Seriously Citrus Body Scrub and soak was created and it really is a perfect product, even if I do say so myself! I went on to create three more fragrances:- Relaxing Rose, Coconut and Lime and Lavender and Lime.
I just love making this product, I think it’s my favourite one to make, not least because the fragrances just fill my workshop making me relaxed and happy. I also love it because it is completely natural as it contains no preservatives, only a natural anti-oxidant.
So, what are the ingredients?
- Authentic Dead Sea Salt (I have a certificate to prove it!) Not only does Dead Sea Salt exfoliate the skin but it is thought to have other benefits for easing aches and pains, such as lower back, joint and muscle aches.
- Organic Coconut Butter – I just love this, it smells delicious but its the main reason Imago Body Scrub and Soak is so deeply moisturising and conditioning to the skin. It is solid but melts at when applied to the skin.
- Organic Jojoba Oil has a chemical composition very close the sebum, the natural moisturising substance produced by the skin and is an occlusive, meaning that it helps slow down Trans-epidermal water loss.
- Organic Calendula Oil. This oil has been used for centuries to treat many different skin issues and was considered an essential item in any first aid kit in times gone by.
- Essential Oils (see fragrances below)
- Natural, plant based antioxidant.
How to use it
Imago Skincare can be used in the shower but I like to make a spa experience, (minus the hefty price tag!), of it by using it in the bath. I take a glass of wine, some candles and a good book and give myself some “me time”!
Either way, massage the scrub all over the body into damp skin and either rinse off in the shower or sink down into your warm bath and let those fragrances fill the bathroom, just the way they fill my workshop! Take as long as you like, trust me, you deserve it!
When you eventually emerge, not only will you be relaxed, revived, your equilibrium restored and but you will have fragrant, silky smooth skin! No need for any other moisturiser and the effects last for days!
When to use Imago Skincare Body Scrub and Soak
- Great to use before a holiday to get your skin in great condition and help get an even tan.
- Use before a spray or rub in tan to help gain a lasting and even tan.
- Use in a foot spa to relax, unwind and treat dry, flaky feet.
- After a holiday if your skin is dry and flaky from too much sun.
- Any time you feel like your skin needs a boost.
- When you need some me time – this is all about you!
As you know, I started with Seriously Citrus – a light, refreshing and uplifting blend of citrus oils with a low note of Rosemary. Next came Relaxing Rose – it “does what it says on the tin” and is fragranced with Rose Geranium. Lavender and Lime is a fresh fragrance that is both uplifting and calming. Coconut and Lime is the only product I make with a man made fragrance – there is no such thing as coconut essential oil.